Saturday, January 25, 2014

game room updates and trade notices!

I forgot to share, I got a Panthera playfield for the wall!

sooooo badass.

All of my playfields are in pretty good condition, so I have to accept that fact that one day someone might want one to restore an old machine with.  I must be ready for those days.
But in the meantime, SO PRETTY!
And WOW, Panthera is a huge PF.

There are a few old playfields I would love to have:
Genie
Paragon
Bad Cats (CPR reproduction coming son, so hoping for a flood of old ones in the market!!!)
Space Riders
Atarians
Centaur
etc

So keep an ear to ground on those for me, OK?  :)


I had decided to sell/trade either Rocky + Bullwinkle and/or Street Fighter 2 in 2014.  I have happily combined them in to a bundle, doing a 2-for-1 for a Monopoly!
This will happen in the spring when things warm up.
Value-wise, it is a pretty square deal.  They are all good-quality player's pins, and the "book value" of R+B plus SF2 is dead equal to that of Monopoly.
In "Ottawa prices", I could probably get more for SF2 and R+B in cash than he could in Monopoly, but he also has a truck and so will be taking on a lot more of the burden of this trade.  He is also my expert technician, meaning he knows the games inside and out.
ALSO, he operates games, so trading to him is a best-case scenario as it means I will likely be able to go out and play these if I get a desire for them.

I haven't even been at this pinball thing for a year and I've already covered so much ground!  It has been a whirlwind of awesomeness and so much learning.
I have covered a vast range of systems:
70s Gottlieb (Royal Flush)
Capcom (Break Shot)
Data East (Rocky + Bullwinkle)
90s Gottlieb (Street Fighter 2)
90s Williams (Flintstones)
and soon... STERN!



No comments:

Post a Comment