Monday, April 21, 2014

Out Of Sight: I tried to stay away...

this project was supposed to last me...
I was going to wait until my friend got back from Allentown with a freshly purchased schematic for Out Of Sight, but alas, we got back from a long weekend in Toronto and I decided to have a peak at the covet kickback mechanism.

I mean, how could I not?  It's so cool.  This is a 1974 machine with a gate that opens, traps the ball, and kicks it back out.  It's one of only a handful that had a left kickback at that point.

There were 2 serious problems:
1) the gate wasn't opening when the left rollover was hit
2) the ball wasn't firing back.

Problem #2 was solved first:  The switch gap was just too large.  Lots of parts seem to have been replaced here, the switch for this, and the kicker solenoid and brackets, all seemed brand new.

Problem #1 was pretty easy to spot:  the solenoid for the gate had wire #1 leaning over and touching terminal #2.  Shorted.  Fried.
I am putting in an order for an A-489 #29 coil ASAP.  I can't wait to get this game playing perfectly.
And I might have it running fully before June.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment