The major issue here was that the ball would hop OFF the wireform ramp and in to the right outlane.
|right through that gap|
I got a tip on pinside to just close the gap with a bent paperclip, but I chose to use some 19 gauge wire, and that seems to have done the trick.
|It's not classy, but it works.|
One of spots the ball would jump off: When you hit the ramp hard and the ball is being diverted to the right of the playfield, sometimes the ball would jumble around and fall off on to a pop bumper.
This is not mission critical, seeing as how the ball is still in play, and not straight in to the outlane.
|check that post in the center, near the top|
I will have to take the ramp out and inspect that piece.
These "jumping off the ramp" problems started occurring more when I installed superbands on the flippers, as those seemed to give me far more powerful shots. No way I would compromise on those now, though. The game plays far better with those flipper rubbers. I'd much prefer to address the issues with the ramp itself.
While playing, on 2 different occasions, we had a slam tilt which then resets the game. Only happened twice, but a bug to check up on. Inspected wires, went through the switch tests, all seems good, for now...
The slam tilt resides in the same Swith Matrix column as a bunch of the front door switches, but the same row that also contains the "Herrerasaurus - Top" switch, which seems like the most likely culprit. It's in that three target switch bank I've fiddled with before. The center red target in the photo below.
And last but not least, I will have to get around to shaving the chasis of the two green targets at the pop bumper entrance.
These get hit from all angles and the outer edge gets caught on the metal backing of the switch, which makes it impossible to depress and register.
It's been recommended to dremel out the side body of the targets to keep the game playing smooth. I'll get to it, some day...